WELCOME to what could be the business opportunity of a lifetime!
We appreciate your interest in the Greater Lake City Community Development Office’s first annual “Lake City Launchpad” competition. We are seeking “authentic entrepreneurs” with a strong vision for opening and running a successful business that can be part of our historic downtown in Lake City. Our downtown is currently a home to many locally-owned businesses, including restaurants, clothing boutiques, hair salons and barber shops, an art studio, a professional photographer, pharmacy, gift shops, antique shops, a boutique hotel, art gallery spaces and MORE!
With a $55,000 award for the winner of Lake City Launchpad, we are confident that we are helping a new business set the stage for success in our growing historic downtown area. With the addition of a new campus of Florence-Darlington Technical College on Main Street, currently under construction with an anticipated opening date of January 2019, we are expecting to see downtown Lake City continue to grow and serve as a center of culture, art, entertainment and commerce. Come be a part of our “downtown renaissance!” LAUNCH your business with our competition, and join our thriving downtown community.
APPLY ONLINE NOW
Lake City Launchpad is a competition hosted by the Greater Lake City Community Development Office, designed to give the winning entrepreneur or business owner an incentive package to open a business in historic downtown Lake City.
The goals of the competition are to increase downtown occupancy, recruit new businesses to downtown Lake City, and to promote economic development in the Greater Lake City area.
INCENTIVES FOR THE WINNING BUSINESS:
- $20,000 cash incentive which may be forgivable over a four-year period for expenses related to opening a business.
- $35,000 for renovations and up-fit to an identified building for the winning business. This may include, but is not limited to the following: signage, architectural services, permanent fixtures.
- Assistance with obtaining required licenses and permits to open and operate a business
The competition winner will be required to execute a minimum four-year lease for the selected property within the downtown Lake City area. The winning business must be open to the public no later than two months after renovations to the selected building are successfully completed.
- The competition is open to all legal U.S. residents, aged 18 years or older at time of submission of application
- The applicant must be willing, and demonstrate the financial ability, to commit to a minimum four-year lease in downtown Lake City
- The winning business may be a franchise, an existing business interested in relocating to downtown Lake City, or a new business
RULES & REGULATIONS:
- Incentives are non-transferable, and may not be redeemed for cash.
- Substitutions for incentives are not permitted.
- Business proposals will not be returned.
- The Selection Committee will judge all business plans and supporting documentation. Decisions, judgments, and selections of the Committee are at the discretion of the Committee and are final. Explanations of selection, or lack thereof, will not be offered.
- By submitting a business plan, each applicant agrees to all Rules & Regulations, and to all decisions made by the Selection Committee, which are final and binding.
- The Selection Committee and Greater Lake City Community Development Office reserve the right to revoke any and all incentives should the winner refuse to comply with all rules and regulations, or if said winner has made any misrepresentation of facts and/or circumstances.
- Acceptance of Applications – October 1, 2017 through December 31, 2017. Applications received after the deadline will not be considered.
- Business Plans Due – February 1, 2018
- Finalists Announced – March 1, 2018
- Presentations by Finalists – March 15, 2018
- Winner Announced – April 2, 2018
FOR MORE INFO:
Please contact Gregory Alexander, Downtown Business Liaison, at 843-374-0171 or email@example.com
APPLY ONLINE NOW